Today I am teaching two classes on tabletweaving covering the methods of doubleface and brocading. This post is primarily intended as a resource for that class, and includes links:
- A warping/doubleface handout is available at Tabletweaving Workshop: Doubleface and a brief intro to 3/1 broken twill.
- Blank graph paper and the teaching patterns used for the two classes:
- Doubleface blank graph paper
- Doubleface teaching pattern
- Brocade blank graph paper
- Brocade teaching pattern
The graph paper has the selvage marked at the left side only, since the location of the right side will depend on the number fo cards warped.
- Nancy Spies collected many brocading patterns in “Anna Neuper’s Modelbuch” and “Ecclesiastical Pomp and Circumstance”. Paper copies are harder to find, since the books are out of print, but nancy Spies sells pdf copies of both books at Arelate Studio
- We are planning on videotaping brief demonstrations of each technique. The videos were made and edited by Jason Griggs, and are available at Doubleface Demo and Brocade demo.